• The “AUCOUTURIER Practice” is well known in Europe. It is so called “relationship psychomotor education practice”(psychomotricite relationnelle).
• The founder Bernard Aucouturier has introduced this practice in the pre primary schools as a preventative approach.
• The “Aucouturier psychomotor practice” uses the body as a mediator. Throughout the relationship, this practice interacts with the senses, the tone, the motoric, the emotional experience and the fantasy of the child.
• This practice refers to the unity of the human being, as psychological component has not to be separated from the body roots.
• Sensory-motor pleasure is the central point of this practice. It is a somato-psychic unity factor. It is the fundamental aspect of the symbolical process, promoting self-awareness and self image.
"The child conquers the world from a permanent emotional tone base, strictly linked up with his/her affective background, even the most inner one " B.Aucouturier (2005).
THE ROLE OF THE EDUCATION AND PREVENTION IN
THE PSYCHOMOTOR PRACTICE.
• To promote the development of the symbolical function throughout the pleasure - to act, to play, to create, " to bring the child from the pleasure to act to the pleasure to think" B.Aucouturier (2005).
• To enhance self-confidence: the child learns to cope with his / her anxiety.
• To promote the “decentralization” process: the child acquires new perspectives.